Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Be A Horse In Home Based Business

I'm from the tiny island of Barbados in the
Eastern Caribbean. Horse racing is a
major sport there second only to cricket
and soccer.

I grew up going to the Garrison Savannah (our one
racetrack) every Saturday with my Dad. I remember
asking him why horses wear blinders. He told me that
they wear them to focus on the finish line and to not
get distracted by the other horses in the race and
people around the track.

I must confess that when I first got started in building
my gourmet candle business, I did not put my blinders
on. I had a clear target in mind but I was not focused
on it.

As you know there are tons of distractions, especially
on the internet where I build the bulk of my business.
I have been distracted along the way by other horses
in the race (other home business opportunities) and by
other people around the track (reading and answering
emails, talking on the phone and a myriad of the
by-products of life).

I recently read a sentence by Mark Joyner that had a
profound effect on me: "If a surgeon was going to give
you a heart transplant do you think he could accomplish
this while watching a ball game on television at the same time?"

I have to tell you this was a wake-up call for me. How
could I successfully build a million dollar business, if my
eyes weren't focused on the finish line? How could I
lead and mentor my business partners if I was spinning
around with my eyes wide shut?

I decided to put my blinders on and become fully
engaged in the race I was in. The race to personal
and financial freedom; the race to teach others
how to achieve their goals and dreams.

Sure, there are other people in the race, but if I am
distracted by them, I will never finish, let alone win!

So my advice to you is to burst out of the gate with
your eyes focused on the end result. Let no-one and
nothing distract you from your success goals...
Be a HORSE...put your BLINDERS on!

Read a good book along the way!


Be REMARKABLE!
Sharon Mayers
"The richest people in the world look for and build networks;
everyone else looks for work". --Robert T. Kiyosaki, Author, "Rich Dad,Poor Dad"

No comments: