Saturday, January 19, 2008

Putting Your Horse In Every Home Based Business Race!




Recently, I met a lady who was looking at my gourmet candle business. While getting to know her, she said to me, "I've been trying my hand at this home based business deal for twenty five years. I've tried just about everything out there...as a matter of fact I'm currently with three other companies."

My eyes popped open and I hoped she hadn't seen the shock on my face! Twenty-five years with no success and currently promoting three other home based business opportunities?

Her statement resonated deeply with me! It reminded me of something my Mom used to tell me when I was a teenager.."You want to put your horse in every race, take care you don't win any."

Yes I am writing about horses again!(I happen to love them).

We have a horse race in Barbados that takes place annually-it's called the Cockspur Gold Cup. It takes place in March and people travel from all over the world to be there.(My father-in-law from Queens, New York has not missed it once in fifteeen years!)

It's like the Belmont Stakes...the creme-de-la-creme of the horse racing community turns out. Picture these horses trying to run this prestigious race after having just run another!

This veteran home business seeker of twenty-five years had put her horse in two many races, and unfortunately was not winning any! Have you seen a horse after it has run a race? They have no stamina, they tire easily...they literally cannot run another race right after they've ran one.

Take a look at every successful home home based builder around you. What do they all have in common? If you don't know, I'll tell you...They all have their HORSE in only ONE race!

Choose your home based business race carefully and try to make it a Cockspur Gold Cup race!


Read a good book along the way!



Be REMARKABLE!
Sharon Mayers
"The richest people in the world look for and build networks;everyone else looks for work."
...
Robert T. Kyosaki, Author, "Rich Dad, Poor Dad"


No comments: